The Amex Gold card has a lot of positive aspects. It has become a fan favorite during the pandemic because of its outstanding rewards rate on groceries and restaurants in the United States. You’ll also receive reward points for travel if you’re planning to take to the skies soon. There is no reason why the foodie shouldn’t carry this card in their wallet, especially since it comes with up to $120 in Uber Cash (for Uber Eats orders or U.S. Uber rides) and up to $120 in yearly dining statement credits at qualified partners. Required to enroll.
- 4x on dining at restaurants and U.S. supermarkets (on the first $25,000 in purchases per calendar year; then 1x)
- 3x on flight reservations made directly with the airline or through Amex Travel.
- 60,000 point welcome bonus after spending $4,000 in the first six months.
- Expenses for daily living and travel outside of bonus categories are weak.
- Not as useful for people who live outside of the US.
- Some people might find it challenging to use their food or Uber credits.
- a few travel advantages and safety precautions
At first, you might be turned off by the annual fee because it doesn’t seem reasonable for an everyday card. But if you examine it more closely, you’ll see just how useful this credit card is. With up to $240 in yearly statement credits (centered around food) and the 4x earnings rate, this card is excellent for the majority of people and families. Especially those with big food expenses.